A Masterclass in Effective Communication
Effective Communication Skills Training Course
You will find with the majority of organisations the main issues and problems they face is “Communication” or a lack of it. This 1 day Communication Skills training course will teach you the art of effective Communication so you are able to project and articulate your views in the most effective and influential way possible.
Understanding how you communicate with others, as well as how other people use Communication to achieve their goals will help you further develop your personal Communication Style which will lead to improved relationships. It will also give you an understanding of how to apply your communication skills in a variety of different situations, both formal and informal, with all types of personalities and will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on your how you communicate with others, both in the workplace and in personal and social settings.
Communication Course Outline
This course will help you to become a more inspirational and effective communicator. By understanding the importance of clear and focused written and verbal communication skills, delegates will be able to communicate with confidence and impact in a variety of workplace situations, ie. team meetings, interviews, presentations, performance reviews, networking events. They will understand the importance of “feedback” and the role behaviours and personalities play in relation to effectively communicating with others.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at any member of staff whose work depends on successful interaction with others and who want to maximise the impact their communication skills have on work based situations. The course is also suitable for people who are looking to improve how they communicate and interact with others in a non-work related environment.
- Introduction to the Field of Communication
- The importance of communication in today’s modern setting
- The key elements and skills of communication
- Telephone communication
- Written communication – email etiquette
- Maximising our communication skills in a variety of situations
- What helps and hinders communication at an individual, team and organisational level
- Questioning skills
- Listening skills
- Self presentation and self promotion
A Key Communication Skill – The Skill of “Feedback”
- The importance of feedback to people and organisations
- The types of feedback we receive in life
- Structuring feedback
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
- What assertive communication is and is not
- How we should plan, structure and conduct assertive communication
- Using assertive communication in a variety of situations
Communication to Different Personalities
- The type of people and personalities we have to communicate with
- Understanding as to how each type likes to communicate and be communicated with
- Adapting our communication style to others
- Holding successful and inspiring team meetings
- Communicating with your immediate team
- The importance of 1 to 1’s
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Copies of slides
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings