A Masterclass in Project Management
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are more than likely to be involved in managing projects at some stage. Project management is chiefly associated with planning and managing change in an organisation, but a project can also be something unrelated to business – even a domestic situation, such as moving house, or planning a family event. Any task that requires some preparation to achieve a successful outcome, will probably be done better by using a few project management tools and techniques somewhere in the process. Project management methods can help in the planning and managing of all sorts of tasks, especially complex activities.
This intensive 1 day Project Management course aims to allow delegates to understand how to maximise their skills to project manage both small and large projects and learn techniques to analyse, set objectives, implement the project and monitor and control the outcomes.
A Masterclass in Project Management Training
This intensive 1 day Project Management course aims to allow delegates to understand how to maximise their skills to project manage both small and large projects, learning techniques to analyse, set objectives, implement the project and monitor and control the outcomes.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is aimed at any member of staff whose work depends on successful Project Management from an internal event or strategy implementation, to Project Managing an external event such as a Trade Show or even erecting a building. This course shows the main techniques of Project Management including Critical Path Analysis and gives delegates the opportunity to work on a current or future project of their own, applying techniques that will enable them to be more effective project managers, understand the skills of Delegation, Risk Analysis and ensuring their Project Plan allows completion of the whole Project within a given timescale.
This 1 day Introduction to Project Management is designed to give attendees a better understanding of Project Management philosophy which will include methods and tools to provide a basic understanding of the Project Lifecycle and how projects can be successfully delivered. The course will:
- Cover definitions and concepts and will identify the key roles of a Project Manager and Stakeholders
- Cover the need for, specification of and importance of effective project management
- Identify the need for a clearly defined strategy and outcomes leading to the successful launch of a project
- Cover the three main areas of the Project Life cycle namely, Initiation, Planning and Implementation
- Give delegates a chance to work in interactive groups on a project of their choice to develop a Smart Sheet from their individual tasks, milestones and timings.
- Understand Critical Path Analysis
- Look at one method of analysing risk
- Provide an opportunity to practice simple Project Management techniques.
- The need for, specification and importance of effective Project Management
- The importance of establishing clear objectives and requirements leading to the successful launch of a project
- The nature and definition of projects and why they succeed or fail
- The three main areas of the Project Lifecycle namely, Initiation, Planning and Implementation
- The philosophy, methods and tools of Project Management used to minimise surprise, risk, overspend and delay throughout the project lifecycle and to achieve the specified quality standards
- The importance of having a Project Management philosophy and effective project governance within and across all types of organisations.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings