Assertiveness at Work Masterclass
Assertiveness at Work Training Course
We have designed this 1 day Assertiveness Training Masterclass to provide you with the necessary toolkit of skills that will allow you take charge of your work and personal life, enabling you to act with both firmness and fairness in the appropriate situations. By attending our Assertiveness Training course, you will learn how to become confident and assertive in work and will learn how to clearly communicate your views and opinions without coming across as being challenging or aggressive. This 1 day Assertiveness Training Masterclass will give you the perfect balance, allowing your true potential to shine through.
- Do you sometimes wish that you could come over as being cool, calm, confident and in control in a variety of work and non-workplace situations?
- Do you sometimes feel that life takes control of you rather than the other way around?
- Do you find it hard to say “No”?
- Do you always give in to what others want, regardless of your own feelings?
- Do you find yourself bullied or pressured by aggressive or overbearing people?
- Do you bottle up anger and bite your tongue when you know you should speak up?
Assertiveness is one of the key skills a successful person possesses. It is a tremendously powerful skill that will not only serve you in your work life but also in your personal life too. Assertiveness is about being responsible for yourself and making your life work for you, instead of being a victim of circumstance. This Assertiveness training programme has been specifically designed to give you the confidence and ability to say “no” as well as feeling comfortable when putting your views and opinions across in a range of formal and informal situations.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This practical 1 day Assertiveness training workshop is for anyone who is looking to improve the way they are perceived by others in terms of how they assert themselves both in the workplace and at home. Whether you have difficulty saying “no” to others which results in you taking on too much work, or whether you come across as being rude or aggressive, this course will give you the necessary tools to assert yourself in a positive and confident way.
This Assertiveness at Work training course is designed to cover the following areas:
- Defining what is meant by assertiveness and assertive behaviour
- The differences between assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Demonstrating an assertive image in the hearts and minds of others
- Understanding and asserting your rights in the workplace
- Understanding why some people are assertive and some are not
- Understanding and overcoming the fears and barriers to becoming assertive
- Learning how to say ‘No!’
- Learning practical tips on how to become more assertive
- Understanding Communication styles
- The verbal & non verbal skills of assertiveness
- How listening, questioning and feedback skills can improve the impact of assertiveness
- Adapting assertiveness skills to different people and different situations
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings