Delivering Presentations with Confidence
Delivering a presentation in any environment or situation can be a nerve-racking experience, particularly if it is your first time presenting to a group. This 1 day Presentation Skills course will teach you how to deliver with confidence and give you a range of tips and techniques to help you keep your nerves under control. The course will provide you with the necessary skills to make a large and positive impact on your audience, whether you are presenting at an interview, meeting, seminar, networking event or in a social setting.
Delivering Presentations with Confidence – 1 Day Presentation Skills Course
This 1 day Presentation Skills / Public Speaking course will teach you how to create a presentation using a range of tools and techniques. You will then learn a variety of presentation skills that will enable you to deliver your presentation with confidence that will have great impact on your audience. As a visual vehicle the world of presenting and “presentations” are considered using skills that can be applied to any “group situation”. The day ends with the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice by delivering a short presentation in a relaxed and supportive environment alongside your co-learners where you will receive constructive and practical feedback.
Suitability – Who should attend?
For anyone who is involved in delivering presentations in their job role or in an non-work related capacity and also anyone who is required to speak in public to an audience . This course is applicable to newcomers and also presenters who have some experience but would like to refresh their skills and learn more.
Please note that places are restricted to a maximum of 6 delegates for this course in order to ensure all delegates receive sufficient one to one personal coaching and tuition throughout the duration of the programme. There will be an opportunity for each delegate to deliver a short presentation, putting into practice the skills acquired during the day and receiving feedback and pointers for future improvement.
– Introduction To Presenting
- The importance of presenting effectively
- Diffusing the mystique of presenting
– Planning and Preparing (Introduction)
- The fundamentals of planning and preparing presentations
- Structuring presentations
- Setting robust aims and objectives
- Addressing fears, nerves and anxieties
- Considering your audience’s needs
- Anticipating “sticky” situations
- Picking the perfect venue
- Anticipating audience behaviours
- The “image” and “etiquette” of the presenter.
– Delivering Presentations
- Creating lasting impressions
- Maximising your use of words, tone of voice and non verbal communication to create an impact
- Managing audience interaction
- Grabbing and holding your audience’s attention
- Managing difficult audiences and difficult individuals
- Getting your audience to participate
- Using visual aids to enhance your presentation
- Handling difficult questions
- Establishing and maintaining your credibilityDelegate Packs
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings