For many of us the idea of change frightens us, it takes us from our comfort zones and throws us into something completely new, which is scary. It’s important we learn how to manage change in the most effective way so we are able to deal with this situation professionally and appropriately. This one day training course uses practical exercises and an examination of proven Change Management tools and techniques to give you the ability to plan and implement change effectively.
Managing Change Effectively
This is a highly practical workshop which allows you to consider how any change, large or small, major or minor should be appraised, planned, conducted and evaluated, taking into account both the technical and people elements of the change.
There will be opportunity to take all the learning derived during the training and to apply it to a Change Management Case Study.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define what is meant by “change” and “change management”.
- Understand the context as to why change requires to take place
- Understand why people embrace or resist change
- Lead people through the change process and manage their resistance to change
Suitability – Who should attend?
If your role involves managing, leading, or influencing change in the workplace and you have to convince others on the merits of change, then this course is ideal for you.
Pre-course activity: Delegates should consider any changes that they require to manage/lead people through, in order to utilise as living examples during the training.
Managing Change Effectively is designed to cover the following areas:
– Introduction to the Field of “Change” and “Change Management
- Defining what is meant by “Change” and “Change Management”
- The context to change. why we need to change
- The Causes and Drivers of Change
– Understanding our People during the Change Process
- Why people embrace or resist change
- Understanding the emotions of people during the change process
- Understanding different personalities attitudes and reactions to change
- Understanding the implication of people’s motivation during the change process
- Managing people’s habits and attitudes to change
- Taking people out of their comfort zones and unlocking their potential
– Leading People through Change
- A systematic approach to leading people through change
- The skills and attributes of effective “Leaders of Change”
- Managing people’s resistance to change
- Maximising communication in the change process
- The importance of feedback in the change process
- Persuading and influencing people to change
- Managing conflict during the change process
– Change Management Case Study
Opportunity to take all the learning derived during the training and to apply it to a Change Management Case Study
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Copies of slides
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings